If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (954) 973-4130

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

We Have The State Of The Art Equipment Necessary To Restore Your Coral Springs Home After A Fire

1/23/2020 (Permalink)

A wall in a bathroom covered in soot and smoke damage after a fire Our fire damage specialists are certified and are highly experienced and armed with the latest equipment available in the restoration process.

Preventive Measures to Avoid Fire Damage from Candles in Coral Springs

Candles are a beautiful addition to any room. However, it is still an open flame and has the potential to cause fire damage. In fact, candles are responsible for around 8,200 residential fires each year, and most were preventable.

The following are a collection of tips for avoiding fire damage in Coral Springs homes from candle use. Also, what to do in case of fire loss.

Three Basic Rules for Candle Use

In a report published by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, over 80-percent of fires caused by candles were preventable if candle users followed these simple rules:
A burning candle should never be unattended
Be aware of flammable objects near burning candles
Ensure children and pets cannot reach burning candles

Safe Candle Tips

Before lighting a candle, always trim the wick to one-fourth of an inch. The reason for this is because too long wicks can be the source of flaring or uneven burning.

Using a candle holder constructed of heat-resistant materials and designed specifically for use with candles is another must-have. The placement of candles in a room is essential. A candle exposed to drafts, vents, or fans can have rapid burning, sooting, or excessive dripping. Most candles should burn four hours or less and wait at least two hours before relighting.

Common Causes of Candle Fires

When SERVPRO techs clean up and restore properties with fire damage loss caused by candles, some of the most typical reasons are leaving a candle burning unattended, or allowing a candle to burn down below half an inch of max in the holder, as this can cause the container to break and become a fire hazard.

If Fire Loss Occurs from a Candle

Once the fire department extinguishes the fire, bring in SERVPRO techs to restore the affected area of the home. Smoke damage and soot requires various methods and cleaning agents to release the grip of the residues on surfaces.

Post Fire Repairs

With their general contractor license #CBC1261730, SERVPRO can offer homeowners the full restoration of their properties after a fire loss. Including not only building materials but finishing touches such as painting walls or staining floors to return the home to its pre-fire condition.

SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland is available 24-hours at (954) 973-4130. Their technicians can clean up and restore any size fire damage and make it "Like it never even happened."

See more about Coral Springs.

Other News

View Recent Posts