Our Office Got Hit with a Burst Pipe, Now What?
SERVPRO Comes to the Rescue at Your Coral Springs Business to Help with Commercial Water Damage Restoration
If you have a large office building in Coral Springs and water damage has spread throughout several areas, the water loss is often substantial. A situation like this always calls for professional restoration efforts, which is when we spring into action at SERVPRO. Whether you have bathroom flooding or a burst pipe, these are not routine cleaning jobs. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster, and our crew comes with all the tools and extensive training necessary to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Will You Help with Water Removal as Well as Drying?
Your Coral Springs commercial water damage project comes with a tight timeframe before secondary damage sets in. Instead of trying to line up a range of contractors on your own to handle the cleanup, selecting one team that can do it all is the best route to take. We come with all the steps for:
- Packout services
- Water removal
- Controlled Demolition
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing
What Experience Do You Have?
Once you call us for water damage restoration, you can count on a skilled crew of technicians to arrive promptly so that the assessment may begin. Our team carries multiple certifications via the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). This prepares us to formulate a plan for mitigation while using best practices for remediation. Depending on your needs, we can scale our response to match the intensity and extent of the damage.
What Do We Do Until You Arrive?
There are multiple things to keep in mind once a water loss event occurs. Some of the things that you should avoid until we arrive includes:
- Avoid power sources if there is any wiring or electrical outlets that may have been impacted by water. If possible, you can consult with your maintenance team about turning off the power. Should your office space be a lease, it is a good idea to contact the property owner as soon as possible.
- Try to avoid rudimentary drying methods with fans, as they may only circulate moisture droplets that can lead to secondary damage. Our team has industrial strength drying and dehumidifying equipment that removes moisture from the air while pulling it from surfaces.
- Never delay when faced with water damage. Doing so could lead to structural concerns or the onset of mold and mildew in as little as 48 hours. Prompt mitigation helps cut down on costly repairs and losses.
What About the Electronics in Our Office?
There are many critical factors when it comes to preserving the electronics throughout your office space after a water loss incident. Our team takes a look at several factors:
- Did water drip on your electronics? It is important to assess not only the exterior of all electronics but also the inside to determine if each piece can be dried and cleaned.
- Was the electronic fully submerged? Items that have been underwater might not be salvageable due to circuit failure, heavy rust, or corrosion. We have content cleaning technicians that search for these signs while also taking note of the time and how much of the components were exposed. All items, salvageable or not, are removed and logged for insurance purposes.
- Has it been exposed to high humidity levels? The humidity in any office space after a water loss incident will increase dramatically. Electronics exposed to high humidity for any length of time is cause for concern.
NOTE: Our team can dry the exterior electronics covers, but we do not open any devices that contain circuitry and transistors. Whenever your electronics have been subjected to moisture, we can send them to a reliable third party dedicated to their inspection, cleaning, drying, and repair.
What is Secondary Damage?
Any moisture leftover after a water loss incident brings on the potential for secondary damage. After all of the water is removed from the space using extraction tools, pumps, and light wand extractors, our crew begins the moisture detection process. Water migrates using the path of least resistance to move onto drier spaces. We use moisture sensors and infrared technology to find hidden pockets of moisture so that nothing is left behind. When moisture is left to fester, it brings the potential for hazardous mold and mildew growth along with further damage to porous materials and structural components of the building.
Cleaning and Deodorizing
It is essential to leave the interior of your office in the preloss condition. Our team uses a range of EPA-registered cleaning agents and disinfectants that ensures all surfaces are thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, and deodorized. This not only ensures a clean result but also helps to inhibit the onset of odors.
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs/West Parkland has the answers you need for commercial water damage restoration. Call us at (954) 973-4130 to have a team deployed to your business.