How Quickly Should Floodwater Get Cleaned Up In Coral Springs?
To Prevent Expensive Secondary Damage to Your Coral Springs Home, SERVPRO Suggests Fast Action with Skilled Flood Damage Techniques
Even if you have merely an inch or two of floodwater coming into your home, the damage can be immense if you do not act quickly. Water flooding in from a storm contains a variety of debris that can include mud, chemicals, fuel, and even fecal matter. This situation can turn into an unhealthy atmosphere for your family and any pets within the home, which calls for expert restoration. Our team at SERVPRO offers professional restoration services to remove water, clean your belongings, and restore your Coral Springs interior to preloss condition.
How Do I Know Where to Begin?
You can leave the planning and determining each phase of the cleanup to our crew after you call us to handle your flood damage in Coral Springs. We suggest that you move inhabitants and pets into another area of the home away from the water loss zone. If you plan on leaving and staying off-site during the cleanup, we offer board up services to cover any damaged doors and windows to keep anyone from making their way inside. In some situations, the use of security tape helps to mark off the perimeter and prevent others from entering.
Will Items Be Moved Out of My Home?
We do offer pack-out services when necessary. Our crew is detailed and careful when packing up and moving belongings to avoid breakage. We also keep an accurate inventory of all contents getting transferred, for your records and ours.
There are some alternatives to a full pack-out when you call us for flood damage restoration, including:
• Partial Pack-Out – If your property is secure and safe, some items might get stored away from the affected area, such as a garage or outbuilding. Our team can move small items off-site for cleaning while storing larger items on your property. Any refrigerators or freezer units should never be unplugged for an extended period, so the storage of food items must be planned for accordingly.
• Content Cleaning Before Moving – In some cases, we may be able to clean items before they get packed up and moved out. This reduces the steps where we would otherwise have to unpack things, clean them, re-pack them, and re-shelve at our warehouse. Tackling cleaning onsite also helps lessen handling times and the potential for damage.
Overall, the main goal is to execute prompt mitigation followed by demolition and drying so that we can restore your home to preloss condition. Our crew will adjust plans for pack-outs and moving everything accordingly so that we can reach our goals within the desired time frame.
How Much Equipment Do You Need?
SERVPRO follows a unique formula that allows us to determine the right equipment for the job and how many units are needed. We factor the following into our calculations:
• We position air movers carefully to facilitate drying by enhanced airflow over every wet surface.
• The number of air movers for each product help strike a balance with drying equipment. Not enough air movers mean a slower drying time.
• Boosting the number of air movers within the loss zone puts more moisture into the environment. This helps the dehumidification equipment to pull out more moisture every hour.
• All of this is done while carefully monitoring relative humidity levels. Secondary damage can occur if humidity levels stay high for too long within the home.
Depending on your project, our crew may set up what is known as drying zones. These drying zones are helpful when trying to get the most out of our industrial-grade equipment. Within a drying zone, SERVPRO can easily control:
These three elements play a significant role in the rate of evaporation throughout the drying zone. We create each zone by putting up plastic sheeting or closing doors and windows to seal off openings between the flood zone and unaffected spaces within your home.
Do I Need to Worry About Mold?
With any water loss event, there is the potential for mold and mildew growth. Our team works rapidly to eliminate the onset of secondary damage, which includes bacterial and microbial growth. Mold spores are present at all times, yet they remain dormant until they have the right environment to thrive. Fast action after flood loss allows us to halt the spread and multiplication of these spores.
• We utilize EPA-registered anti-microbial agents to treat the worksite before we begin.
• Our crew looks for mold throughout the restoration process and treats it accordingly.
• If we note that a mold colony begins to spread, we add a more detailed mold remediation phase to our flood recovery efforts.
From start to finish, the team at SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland can handle your flood damage needs. To have a crew deployed to your home after storm flooding, call us 24/7 at (954) 973-4130.