What Are the Steps of Successfully Drying a Coral Springs Residence?
Water damage cleanup and restoration in Coral Springs properties is a combination of focused approaches.
Every water damage restoration that a home or business has can be broken down over dozens of drying decisions made by competent professionals. Our SERVPRO management is best positioned to answer these questions and get the appropriate recovery and mitigation solutions started right away with accreditations in multiple facets of water restoration and cleaning services.
Where Does Moisture Damage Exist?
We rely on sophisticated tools in our inventory to help determine where drying and water mitigation services are needed in your Coral Springs home. Preventing water damage repairs is often directly attributed to quickly tracking migrating moisture and implementing drying practices. Tools used include:
- Thermal imagery cameras/tablets
- Surface moisture meters
- Probing moisture detection units
- Environmental hygrometer devices
Is The Water Damage Still Occurring?
One of the pressing concerns that must be answered by production management and the crew chief is what caused the water damage event and if that catalyst is still a concern. Flooding, for example, might have multiple penetration points that must get patched or repaired before water cleanup is successful.
How Can Water Damage Be Reached?
The placement of water damage can often be an obstacle for restorers and experienced technicians. Careful consideration determines where water exists and how moisture migrates through the property. Moisture detection equipment can be beneficial to track damp pockets when the effects are not visible on the surface. Depending on the damage that occurred, various kinds of water mitigation could be necessary, like:
- Surface Water – Water on top of flooring is easy to diagnose. We have several extraction units to help manage pooling above subflooring before migration makes the situation worse.
- Trapped Water – With plumbing and fixtures neatly installed within wall cavities and ceiling assemblies, the need for water removal services can also happen within these structural cavities. Drainage holes can alleviate pooling.
- Free Water – To prevent water damage repairs, moisture must be managed before moving beyond this stage. Free water is saturated into materials like wood but has yet to alter the structural element physically.
- Bound Water – When the water damage reaches this infiltration stage to materials like wood plank flooring, the damage is often irreversible. The material composition has changed, and demolition is the next logical step.
How Many Units Are Needed?
The necessary equipment and products for efficient drying and recovery change by the hour. Moisture monitoring and environmental tracking show the effectiveness of various drying equipment and unit combinations. Maximum drying production balances the surface impacts of air movers with the environmental humidity management of dehumidifiers. Documenting drying progress in SERVPRO DryBook software shows where additional units or a reconfiguration of currently deployed equipment could be necessary.
Would It Save Money to Replace Materials?
The answer to this question determines where and when reconstruction and repair services are necessary. With a contractor license (CBC1261730) and years of experience serving Heron Bay and the Greater Coral Springs region, we can provide the needed personnel to complete these tasks when necessary. In some scenarios, it is less costly and time-consuming to remove affected building materials like drywall rather than stage equipment and dry the affected panels meticulously.
The drying and restoration process is one of the more intricate processes that our SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland team must perform. We carefully evaluate the property’s condition and the possible steps to create the most efficient water damage restoration and recovery path. Our WRT-Certified technicians are ready 24/7 at (954) 973-4130.