Should Professionals Handle Mold Removal in Coral Springs?
Adhering to EPA Mold Remediation is Why SERVPRO Delivers Results
Finding mold in your Coral Springs home can be a problematic experience. You might feel embarrassed because you think the microbial outbreak is a commentary on your housekeeping. Trying to cope with a mold outbreak without training, experience, and equipment can worsen the situation.
What Process Does SERVPRO Do When Responding to a Mold Concern?
Coral Springs mold removal tactics that deliver the best results use research-based protocols. SERVPRO follows the EPA recommendations and the mold remediation industry's standards. Remediation is the EPA's term, as the complete elimination of mold and spores is impossible. Our IICRC trained team remove active mold growth and institute mold-inhibition interventions as follows:
- Locate the mold (only testing if indicated as it is usually apparent where the mold grows)
- Contain the affected area with 1.6 polyethylene and often the use of negative pressure, HEPA-filtered air scrubber
- Remove the mold colonies with scrapers, brushes, and blasting of porous materials with soda or dry ice (blasting removes surface growth and incapacitates embedded hyphae)
- Clean surfaces of moldy debris with HEPA-filtered vacuums
- Bag moldy materials and dispose of according to local regulations as hazardous waste
- Apply EPA-registered antimicrobials by broadcast or surface spraying
- Arranging for the elimination of the moisture source that feeds the mold spores
Mold remediation results that make a difference are why SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland should be your first call at (954) 973-4130. Contact us for an evaluation and mold colony removal plan.