Your Belongings and Water Damage
We Restore the Contents of Coral Springs Properties
SERVPRO's restoration services are aimed at ensuring that upholstery, appliances, personal keepsakes, and essential documents alike receive the comprehensive cleanup procedures necessary to return your Coral Springs home or business to its preloss condition. No matter what size disaster affects your property, we have the tools to clean your possessions, both on-site and off-site, in specialized facilities.
Moving Contents Offsite
Whether your home or business has suffered a large-scale disaster or flooding, SERVPRO technicians can move your items to separate facilities for evaluation, documentation, and cleaning. Our pack-out process consists of:
- Evaluating what needs moving and compile thorough documentation of the pack-out process for Coral Springs property owners
- Securing equipment, crew, and transportation for a pack-out
- Inspecting, sorting, and taking inventory both before and during move-out once at the scene of the disaster
- Packing items on a per-room basis and drying contents that are still wet before packing
- Moving the contents to a SERVPRO warehouse for cleaning
A Restore-First Approach
After moving contents to the appropriate facilities, we communicate with both homeowners and insurance adjusters about the process and supplement with appropriate documentation. While contents are being prepared for cleaning, they are sorted into several categories. Some contents may require restoration specialists to assess them further. A homeowner who collects vintage electronics or antiques, for example, may require the services of an expert in those respective fields for their items.
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today – (954) 973-4130
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most