“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold Remediation, Not Removal for Coral Springs Properties
When a homeowner in Coral Springs comes across a mold growth on the wall of a bathroom, the first impulse is to wipe it up and be done with it. Unfortunately, that step can exacerbate the fungal infestation that can now spread.
Mold Spore Disruption Increases Colonization and Potential Damage
Mold is a microbe that combines with others of its species to form those thread-like hyphae which anchor onto a food source--your favorite piece of furniture or carpet to contents stored in a box in the crawlspace below the living area. They feed on the organic material, slowly degrading it. The best move is to call us, SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland to "remediate" the damage.
Remediation Means Mitigating the Present and Future Damage
• Spores are found in every home in South Florida
• Our AMRT applied microbial remediation technicians have the training, products, and equipment to impede the current problem
• Our Mold Remediation Contractor License #: MRSR2994 means we have specialized training to make your home safe and secure
• Our Commercial Contractor License #: CBC1261730 means we can perform controlled demolitions on non-salvageable damaged building materials
• All work is done to limit the area of contamination
Remediation of Mold Issues in Coral Springs
We can honestly and professionally mitigate the onslaught that mold colonies can do by eliminating most of the organisms and spores using advanced equipment and methods. Our goal is to make your home whole again.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (954) 973-4130
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (954) 973-4130
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: