Struggling with Rust Stains after a Water Leak at Your Parkland Home?
The spring storm season is here. Should water invade your home call SERVPRO!
SERVPRO Chooses the Right Products to Handle Rust Stains During Water Cleanup
Rust development can be a significant issue after water intrusion incidents. It primarily affects upholstery, carpets, draperies, and other fabrics close to metallic parts such as zippers, buttons, curtain rods, or furniture legs.
After rust develops, the right approach is necessary when performing water cleanup in Parkland properties to guarantee effective removal. Removing rust from fabrics is challenging because it requires the appropriate chemical agents to neutralize the rust. The chosen cleaning agent must also match the type of material to avoid setting stains. SERVPRO technicians rely on their advanced training and experience in managing:
- Burst pipes
- Ceiling leaks
- Flood restoration
One of the reliable solutions we use to manage rust stains is Rusticide, an oxalic-phosphoric compound. It works well on various materials, including wool, silk, cotton, linen, carpeting, and synthetic fibers.
Our SERVPRO technicians also help ensure the proper application of the solution. Spraying the solution directly to the rust stain and agitating the area with a bone scraper helps. For older stains, applying steam over the affected area after applying the Rusticide helps.
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland handles water cleanup conveniently. Call us at (954) 973-4130
Does Professional Assistance Ease Water Removal from Coral Springs Business Premises?
Where is SERVPRO's equipment? Its already being used inside this local business to extract the water and dry the property.
For Convenient Water Removal from Your Corals Springs Facility, Call SERVPRO
There is a saying that Coral Springs is located nowhere, yet it is close to everything. It is a short drive away from other popular locations such as Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Coconut Creek, and other popular areas. It also neighbors the Everglades, where people partake in various thrilling activities like canoe trips, kayaking, and airboat rides.
A Relaxing Environment
Florida, in general, is considered a haven for retirees because of the warm weather and friendly tax laws. However, Coral Springs' master plan was geared towards younger people. Over the years, the median age has consistently been in the mid-30s. Several features, including a 182-acre Sportsplex and dozens of parks, help keep the younger residents occupied. Some of the top parks in the city include:
- Cypress Park known for sports facilities, including four soccer fields and five ball fields.
- Mullins Park, which offers a pleasant environment for relaxation.
- Betti Stradling Park, which has a skate park and sports courts.
Housing in Coral Springs
In 2012, the city was listed 94th overall in the Money Magazine list of Top 100 Places to Live. It was the 3rd city on the list from Florida State. One factor that helps the municipality enjoy the favorable rating is the beautiful landscaping and diverse homes ranging from gated to non-gated.
Zoning rules help keep the neighborhoods upscale and pretty. For instance, any perimeter barriers set around properties must be the semi-privacy variant to allow wind-flow and visibility. The fences are also limited to 6 feet in height for the backyard and 4 feet for the front yard, ensuring clear visibility for drivers.
The Best Places to Shop
Another remarkable aspect of the city is the variety and ease of access to shopping facilities. Some of the notable establishments include:
- The Walk on University -It comprises approximately two city blocks and was created from renovating aging retail and office buildings and incorporating a vacant lot. The facility offers a unique experience for shoppers because they can walk around as they sample everything from fashion to dining facilities.
- Coral square -It is an enclosed, climate-controlled shopping mall featuring many renowned stores like Kohl's, JCPenney, Macy's, and others.
- Promenade at Coconut Creek -It is an open-air shopping mall with over 36 boutiques and stores, a luxury theater, and 14 restaurants offering the ultimate dining experience.
How SERVPRO Handles Water Removal from Corals Springs Businesses Safeguarding their Interests?
People expect to find their favorite hangout or newly discovered joint in good condition when they go out. An issue like water leaks needs to be promptly addressed when it develops. Removing water trapped in wall cavities or pooling on surfaces is a crucial aspect of water damage remediation. SERVPRO invests in state-of-the-art technologies to handle water removal in any situation, including:
- Leaking roof from storms
- Cleaning up after a sewer backup
- Removing water from burst pipes
One of the essential resources for handling water removal is the equipment type chosen. Our SERVPRO technicians have access to a wide variety of equipment that facilitates:
- Speedy water extraction
- Access to water in concealed areas without demolition
- Removal of water with solid wastes
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland offers managed water removal in business premises professionally. Call us at (954) 973-4130 to assist you.
Should Professionals Handle Mold Removal in Coral Springs?
It doesn't take long for mold to grow. Look for signs of water damage often, and call SERVPRO to remediate any mold damage.
Adhering to EPA Mold Remediation is Why SERVPRO Delivers Results
Finding mold in your Coral Springs home can be a problematic experience. You might feel embarrassed because you think the microbial outbreak is a commentary on your housekeeping. Or you could be fearful of health effects because someone in your household has an allergy or susceptibility to irritation when mold is present. Trying to cope with a mold outbreak without training, experience, and equipment can make the situation worse.
What Process Does SERVPRO Do When Responding to a Mold Concern?
Coral Springs mold removal tactics that deliver the best results use research-based protocols. SERVPRO follows the EPA recommendations, the mold remediation industry's standard. Remediation is the EPA's term, as the complete elimination of mold and spores is impossible. We remove active mold growth and institute mold-inhibition interventions as follows:
- Locate the mold (only testing if indicated as it is usually apparent where the mold grows)
- Contain the affected area with 1.6 polyethylene and often the use of negative pressure, HEPA-filtered air scrubber
- Remove the mold colonies with scrapers, brushes, and blasting of porous materials with soda or dry ice (blasting removes surface growth and incapacitates embedded hyphae)
- Clean surfaces of moldy debris with HEPA-filtered vacuums
- Bag moldy materials and dispose of according to local regulation as hazardous waste
- Apply EPA-registered antimicrobials by broadcast or surface spraying
- Arranging for the elimination of the moisture source that feeds the mold spores
Mold remediation results that make a difference are why SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland should be your first call at (954) 973-4130. Contact us for an evaluation and mold colony removal plan.
Is There a Best Strategy for Fire Damaged Coral Springs Contents?
SERVPRO has the tools, training, and cleaning solutions to restore your home and its contents.
Consider the Benefits When SERVPRO Offers a Household Pack-Out
When a fire disaster strikes your home, the aftermath nearly always involves more than the structural components of your home. Flames, heat, soot, smoke, and water or chemical extinguishers can harm fixtures, furnishings, household goods, and personal possessions. Avoid costly replacement and the loss of treasured, one-of-a-kind items with a professional pack-out and assessment and restoration by our contents processing specialists.
How Do Professionals Manage a Pack-Out After Fire Damage?
Fire damage affecting Coral Springs residences needs a rapid response, and one of the ways to speed the interventions is to remove contents to clear the decks for water removal and deep cleaning. The furniture, floor and window coverings, clothing and accessories, papers, and a host of other items packed out also benefit from expert evaluation and a restoration plan. The SERVPRO team carefully wraps and packs your things for transport, using our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) to track the articles through:
- Written inventories (lists)
- Digital photos
Our production facility technicians document the packed-out contents’ condition and devise plans using specialized training and experience to bring each piece back to function and appearance. The documentation helps support insurance claims for treatments or repair or replacement in instances where restoration is impractical.
Count on SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland to mitigate structural and content-based fire damage. Call (954) 973-4130 for an immediate needs assessment.
What Can Parkland Businesses Expect from Expert Water Removal?
The once in a hundred year storms can happen here. Take precautions to winterize your pipes!
Gain Water Mitigation and Remediation Tips from Others' Bad Luck
Although the Parkland area is seldom at risk from snow and ice storms or plummeting temperatures, extreme weather events considered "once in a 100 years" surprises are on the rise everywhere. Unheard-of low temperature plus the build-up of wintery-mix precipitation causes significant property damage in typically temperate or warm areas. Shocking storms in places like Texas can catch a businessperson's attention, even in our region.
How Do Frozen Water Pipes Cause Damage?
If unfamiliar with the consequences of frozen water lurking in supply or waste pipes, the first time a Parkland business owner confronts the cause and effect can be enlightening and terrifying. Damage similar to that seen during tropical storms, hurricanes, and overland flooding can trace to water's mere presence in a pipe. Water flowing through plumbing is a standard operating procedure when the ambient temperature is above 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Disaster occurs when below-freezing temperatures cause liquid water to:
- Transform into a solid.
- Occupy more space during the freezing than did the liquid water.
- Exert significant pressure on the pipes and fittings, the swelling creating cracks and splitting apart connections.
As weather conditions improve and temperatures increase, the worst happens. The frozen water melts, pouring through the pipe fissures into the affected properties.
What Can Businesses Do to Avoid Broken Pipes Due to Cold Weather?
Owners of commercial buildings in colder climates put many safeguards to prevent the catastrophic damage that frozen pipes bring. Similar in intent to the planning done to protect property because of Parkland's tropical climate and risk of exposure to hurricanes and other severe storms, steps taken to minimize the harm of freezing and thawing include:
- Insulation of the pipes and spaces where pipes thread through.
- Sealing of joints and other weak spots that permit outdoor air to intrude.
- Installation of an automatic excess flow switch on the main supply water line to detect a broken pipe or valve.
- Shut off the water main once the leak potential becomes apparent.
These practical and affordable strategies can deflect the rare possibility of frozen pipes in Parkland and prevent or give early warning of a range of other water problems in your business.
Who Should Get the Call if Plumbing Fails in Your Business?
Regardless of how water makes its way through the infrastructure intended to contain it in your Parkland business, water removal is crucial. SERVPRO positions water extraction as one of our core services, investing in worker training from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and high-efficiency and heavy-duty equipment. We arrive promptly and complete the following:
- A safety hazard assessment, determining whether trapped fluids pose additional risks
- Pumping and extraction of the bulk of the water with submersible and truck-mounted equipment
We also perform controlled demolition to release water from building cavities, including
- Punching weep holes in ceilings and upper walls
- Cutting drainage slits to permit water between walls to exit
- Sawing flood cuts to remove irreparably damaged drywall and open areas for water removal and structural drying.
Our construction division helps with both the demolition and any build back needed.
Be sure to line up the pros at SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland for your commercial water extraction needs. Call (954) 973-4130 for a prompt assessment and implementation of an efficient water removal plan.
How Can I Limit My Water-Related Damage?
There are ample sources for water damage. SERVPRO is ready and standing by to restore you home.
Hire a Good Water Damage Mitigation Company Like SERVPRO
Although many people believe that all water cleanup and restoration services are of similar quality, this is often not the case in reality.
One of Parkland’s best water damage mitigation companies is SERVPRO. Unlike other local service providers, we are often able to remediate your water issues in record time because:
- SERVPRO’s technicians are highly trained and receive Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) qualifications in Applied Structural Drying, Applied Microbial Remediation, Water Damage Restoration, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning, and Odor Control.
- Our professionals carry advanced diagnostic tools, like moisture sensors & meters and infrared cameras, to precisely identify even the least detectable water damage.
- We have the most advanced mitigation tools in the industry, including the most powerful water extractors, high-tech air movers, high-velocity fans, state-of-the-art dehumidifiers, innovative Injectidry systems, and advanced foggers, to rapidly clean up and restore even the most severely impacted structural elements and household contents.
With all that said, remember that your SERVPRO of West Coral Springs/West Parkland is always ready to serve and can be reached at (954) 973-4130.
What Can I Do Before a Storm to Limit Its Potential Impact?
It is always storm season in Florida. But know SERVPRO is always ready to remediate any flood damage you may incur.
You Can Do Numerous Things Before a Storm to Limit Potential Flood Damage
Surprisingly, what you do immediately before a storm arrives could have a significant impact on how much overall damage your home ultimately suffers.
Whenever a severe weather pattern approaches, you should always be ready to protect your Coral Springs home from flood damage. Some relatively simple steps you can do this include:
- Shutting off your home’s gas, electric, and water utilities to prevent gas explosions and electrical fires and shocks.
- Repairing and sealing foundation cracks to prevent floodwaters from quickly penetrating your ground floor.
- Replacing damaged or missing roof shingles to help safeguard your home from potential roof leaks.
- Clearing clogged gutters and drainage systems so that excess stormwater drains away from your residence.
- Covering windows with plywood or closing and securing storm shutters, so windows are protected from flying debris carried by strong winds.
- Sandbagging the perimeter of your property to keep floodwaters away from your home.
After protecting your property and weathering the storm, contact your helpful SERVPRO of West Coral Springs/West Parkland at (954) 973-4130 for assistance.
Historically, the Coral Springs Area Has Been Prone to Wildfires
People are often surprised to learn that wildfires occur in Florida. Always keep a watchful eye, and call SERVPRO for your fire damage restoration.
Nearby Fire Damage Restoration Services Often Come in Handy
Over the past forty years, the Coral Springs area has suffered at least twenty-five major wildfires. The city has been especially susceptible to these destructive events because of its proximity to the Everglades and the various volatile South Florida weather conditions that naturally foster fire ignition and proliferation. The western edge of the City of Coral Springs, located in Broward County, borders the Everglades' wilderness. So, western parts of the community are most often impacted by fires that rage through the bordering wildlands. The fires are generally spawned by the notoriously unpredictable and supercharged southern Florida weather. Lightning strikes, and sometimes airplane crashes usually ignite the blazes, and the area's infamously strong winds spread them.
Some of The Region's More Notable Wild Blazes
Of the twenty-five or more severe blazes that have scorched Broward County since 1981, six burned more than 40,000 acres. These infernos filled the air with chokingly thick smoke, hindered travel in the region, and threatened numerous area residents' homes. The names of these large raging fires were the:
- "Deceiving" fire of April 1999 that burned 173,000 acres.
- "Mud Fire" of May 1989, which charred 96,000 acres.
- "Basshole" blaze that occurred in May of 1994 and torched 80,000 acres.
- "Big Cypress" fire of March 1989 that burned 52,000 acres.
- "Heat Fire" that started in June of 2006 and incinerated 49,500 acres.
- "Oh No Fire" of February 1997 that charred 41,000 acres.
When wildfires like these occur, smoke and soot residues could enter and settle on surfaces around your home. These could cause ongoing odor issues and may even cause health effects. Even worse, stray embers from nearby blazes could land on your house and start new fires.
A Recent Wildfire Highlights the Region's Ever Present Wildfire Risks
In June of 2019, the Coral Springs area was threatened by an approaching fire from its neighboring wildlands. Started by a lightning strike and facilitated by an extended dry period and strong winds, the "Sawgrass Fire" burned nearly 50,000 acres. Its thick, black smoke hindered travel and fouled area homes with harmful airborne particles, settling residues, and unpleasant odors.
With all that said, your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of West Coral Springs/West Parkland are always here to help you with your fire damage restoration efforts.
Why Should I Call SERVPRO for Help in Coral Springs?
When your Coral Springs home suffers fire damage, you want it cleaned up and restored the right way. At the same time, you want the work done as quickly as possible. It is for these reasons you need a locally-based, highly trained, and effectively equipped fire remediation service like SERVPRO that has:
- Its resources based in town and is usually able to be onsite within four hours.
- Technicians individually certified in Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning, and Odor Control.
- State-of-the-art equipment like air scrubbers, ozone generators, upholstery, and carpet injection devices, and specialized foggers.
So, if your home ever requires fire damage restoration work, call SERVPRO of West Coral Springs/West Parkland at (954) 973-4130 for help.
Shopping Opportunities Abound for Parkland Locals
Don't let storm damage ruin the Green Market's Bakery Day. SERVPRO is always available.
Parkland Residents Can Support Small Business During the Pompano Beach Green Market
Parkland residents searching for holiday shopping or a change of pace can visit Pompano Beach’s Green Market on Atlantic Boulevard. The market opens on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month every year from November through April. On January 9, the Green Market focused on fitness. The January 23 Bakery Day is sure to be full of cakes, cookies, bread, and many more fresh-baked goods.
Upcoming themes for the remaining Green Market events include:
- Valentine’s Day and Community Awareness on February 13 and 27
- Patrick’s Day and Health and Wellness on March 13 and 27
- Spring Egg Hunt and Earth Day on April 10 and 24
Masks, social distancing, and one-way foot traffic are implemented during the Green Market to keep the public safe during operations. There are also designated spaces for eating and hand sanitation throughout the complex.
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland aids disaster-affected Parkland residents with flood damage cleanup and home restoration. Call (954) 973-4130 to get started.
Virtual Education for Future Homeowners in Parkland
New home owner? Keep SERVPRO's number handy for your emergency restoration needs.
Parkland’s First-Time Homebuyers Can Learn the Ins and Outs of Home Ownership
Few things are more exciting–and overwhelming–than becoming a first-time homebuyer, especially in a tranquil South Florida community like Parkland. Fortunately, an upcoming virtual workshop on January 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. strives to act as a comprehensive guide for first-time buyers.
This workshop, hosted by Debt Management Credit Counseling Corp., covers a plethora of topics essential for first-time homeownership, including:
- An overview of the steps taken to become a homeowner
- How to budget and what to look for when shopping for the perfect house
- Having your home inspected before proceeding with a purchase
- What purchasers need to pre-qualify for a mortgage
- Closing a home sale and preventing foreclosure after purchase
Participants receive a First-Time Home Buyer Workshop certificate upon completion of the course and a counseling session. Registration is online, and an e-mail invitation will be sent to registrants on Friday, January 15.
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland performs various mitigation services, including mold removal, when Parkland homeowners call (954) 973-4130.