Your Belongings and Fire Damage
SERVPRO Restores Coral Springs Contents
Our fire damage mitigation process is designed to ensure that your home and possessions can be salvaged whenever possible. Not only does this lower your repair and replacement costs, but it can also save prized keepsakes, heirlooms, and collectibles in your Coral Springs home from being lost forever. SERVPRO has the means to perform a thorough cleanup, sanitation, and deodorization of contents after a fire.
How Fire Damage Residues Affect Contents
Different materials require different cleanup measures. For Coral Springs homeowners wondering how fire affects contents differently, here is what you can expect:
- Soot can get into every nook and cranny of electrical appliances, which can affect the ability to use them safely
- Soot can also penetrate sealed cans and jars, which can make preservation of food after a kitchen fire risky
- Contents thoroughly saturated by firefighting efforts must be dried before further cleanup of fire damage residues can be attempted
- Invisible protein residues can impart foul odors and eventually discolor surfaces, such as paints and plastics
A Cleanup Method for Every Item
SERVPRO's EPA-registered antimicrobial cleaners address soot deposits, charred creosote, protein residues, and water damage alike. After drying contents, soot that is loose and dry can be cleaned with gentle, dry cleaners and abrasives. The damages that are lightest and easiest to clean are addressed first so that cleanup minimizes alterations to contents. Damaged documents are scanned and uploaded digitally for your convenience.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (954) 973-4130
SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland specializes in restoring contents damaged by water, fire, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your belongings to determine what items we can restore to pre-fire condition. We use several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning due to fire damage, SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Fire-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by fire. Smoke residues can contain acids that corrode metal surfaces. If the residues are not removed, corrosion causes electronic failure in the device. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water or fire, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the fire damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-fire damage condition, SERVPRO of West Coral Springs / West Parkland can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of fire, smoke, or soot damage, they have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a fire emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims